Senior Unix Administrator
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
The Senior Unix Administrator will be responsible for providing support of software and/or system related changes and must have the technical knowledge needed to accomplish virtualization initiatives. The Senior Unix Administrator will perform identification and resolution of software bugs, research and application changes, updates, and patches; review, analysis and testing of new technologies introduced to the environment; performance monitoring and tuning, and implementation of ‘best practices”.
- Evaluate requests and provide comments for Mid-Tier hardware or upgrades to existing Mid-Tier hardware;
- Assist database administrators (DBA) interactively on installing and upgrading Oracle software;
- Configure systems to meet DBA Group requirements;
- Monitor cluster operations;
- Migrate applications into Enterprise datacenters;
- Provide technical recommendations and solutions to information operations management;
- Perform/gather metrics for tracking performance implementation of devices within the project;
- Document and provide recommendations to Program Managers on optimizing the application functionality;
- Setup, schedule, and control backups and recoveries of all Mid-Tier application and system software on managed systems and interface with the Program Manager of each application to ensure backup/recovery plans are in place;
- Execute backups and recoveries on all application and system software, databases, platforms in accordance with the backup/recovery plans;
- Install and upgrade Veritas Netbackup Software as needed;
- The contractor shall evaluate functional requirements to ensure appropriate direction to program managers and developer;
- Support information operations to provide connectivity to Mid-Tier platforms and testing of the connections;
- Provide input to DR/COOP plans and testing activities; and
- Document processes and procedures as identified.
- Extensive experience with and have hands on support in the areas of Oracle/SUN Solaris 10 or higher, HP-UX 11 or higher, Red Hat Linux 5 or higher operating systems that include creating Solaris virtual servers using Solaris ZONES
- Containers or Logical Domain (LDOM) technology, HP-UX Virtual Manager (VM)/HP Datacenter OE and VMware for Red Hat Linux
- Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup 6.5; Brocade switches; and planning architecture related to DR/COOP
- Unix System Administration
- Solaris Virtualization, Symantec Netbackup Solutions, COOP Architecture, Project Management
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 7-10 years’ experience in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
- Security+ and Technical CE (Preferred CE Certificates: Solaris 10 or higher, HP-UX 11 or higher, or RHEL 5 or higher)
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- Columbus, OH
- Some remote work available
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.