Medical Records Specialist
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
Review medical records, collect clinical information and enter the data into abstraction software in accordance with contractual and organizational guidelines.
- Review medical records and other source documents and collect clinical data according to specifications and guidelines provided by the customer. Data collected may include demographics, disease-specific data elements, and medications.
- Accurately enter data into abstraction software using a personal computer, keyboard and/or mouse.
- Follow all established processes and procedures.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of medical records and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity and accuracy standards established by the customer and/or the Company
- Consistently meet attendance standards established by the Company
- Interact appropriately with peers and other co-workers. Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- 2 + years of experience in work involving hospital medical review are required.
- Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate with others, and interface with team members internal and external to the organization
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to adapt to organizational change
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to lead and direct a team, manage resources, and to collaborate with managers across programs
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Capable of consistency, speed, and accuracy of task
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
- High school diploma or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are proud of our diverse team, are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.