TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
Prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation. Translates business specifications into user documentation. Plans, writes, and maintains systems and user support documentation efforts. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and IT organizations in the development of a new IT solution.
- Lead efforts to analyze, design, and document requirements for a new IT solution.
- Facilitate meetings and discussion as needed during the project lifecycle.
- Support user centered design activities such as end user focus groups and usability analysis.
- Responsible for creating/updating documents required as part of an agile system development lifecycle including user stories, detailed functional specifications, technical design input, process documents (such as SOP's, guidelines, and validation master plans), etc.
- Support the business by becoming a Subject Matter Expert for the applications and standards.
- Coordinate with technical development team to ensure complete understanding of functional specifications.
- Review/edit requirement specifications, business processes and recommendations related to client's proposed solution.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Develop education & outreach materials including user guides and other external communications
- Assist in capturing meeting minutes.
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in analyzing the business and functional impact of change requests (CRs).CMS experience preferred. Experienced with CMS XLC process including the CR process.
- Specific program policy and/or regulation knowledge or experience related to CMS quality payment programs, such as Value Modifier (VM).
- Experience in working with and analyzing Medicare Part B claims and episode groupers.
- Experience working on Federal programs that are of high priority, visibility, and public-facing.
- Experience with Agile delivery programs; particularly those using the United States Digital Service (USDS) Playbook and TechFAR.
- Must possess sound interpersonal and information gathering skills, being able to relate well to others at all levels throughout the organization and have the ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with others.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize issues to perform proactive planning activities, ability to function in a complex environment.
- Must be able to work quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
- Attend meetings to report status of work load and coordinate activities as needed.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, act independently and exercise an expert level of decision-making capability.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce polished written products.
- Close attention to formatting details.
- Ability to translate technical information into clear documents to be used by a variety of audiences
- Proven ability and experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Access.
- The ability to make decisions independently and anticipate the next task or action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelors of Science or Associate Degree in IT or related field
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.