Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TISTA is seeking an experienced Senior SDET to join their Product development team. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter that possess both sound judgment and strong analytical and problem solving skills. S/he must be able to communicate effectively across various audiences.
- Lead and manage test case development and execution, implements automated test suites and test cases.
- Own the creation and execution of automated and manual test cases based upon functional specifications and QA-best practices.
- Work with Development, Test and Project Management to design and implement test strategies.
- Perform testing of UI-layer, system-level components, Wes Services and integration tests under aggressive release schedules.
- Continuously look at ways that improve upon our existing Test Frameworks / Processes.
- Make recommendations for testability improvements, Create tests to cover new scenarios/code
- Develop test cases, suites and reporting to cover continuous integration scenarios & help accelerate our deliverability.
- 8+ years of experience in in QA, manual testing and test automation.
- 3-5 years of experience testing presentation layer, business logic, and back-end services
- Experience with Test Automation solutions, such as Coded UI, Selenium, TestComplete, FIT, QTP, etc.
- Strong coding knowledge and experience in Object Oriented development
- Experience in Load and Stress testing of web applications, instrumenting code for metrics gathering and performance measurement
- Demonstrate knowledge using version control and defect tracking methods, including tools such as Jira, Bugzilla or TFS.
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Leadership skills, passion for what you do, accountable & responsible for the commitments.
- Experience working in an Agile Development (e.g. Scrum) and DevOps oriented environment.
- Experience in Mobile Application testing is preferable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.