(Insider Threat Case Support)
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TiSTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
The Cybersecurity Analyst will provide unparalleled support and will appropriately contribute to the daily workload of a highly-skilled and diverse group of security assessment testers.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client’s mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
- Support engagements related but not limited to Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software and Application Development and Maintenance, Financial Operations, and Project and Acquisition Management
- Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
- Manage engagement risk
- Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
- Have a broad knowledge of security methodologies, solutions and best practices.
- Have experience with multiple open source and commercial testing tools. A non-comprehensive list includes Nessus, App Detective, Metasploit, Burp Suite, and nmap.
- Advanced understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of security tools. Ability to select the right tool for the job. Ability to configure and troubleshoot tools if necessary.
- Be comfortable using, configuring, troubleshooting, and administrate both Unix/Linux and Microsoft operating systems. Candidate should also have extensive systems engineering experience with at least one of these OSs.
- Candidate should have a solid understand of the security policies of Department of Justice and FBI, as well as security guidelines published by the National Institute of Standards (e.g., 800-53 rev 4 and 800-53a).
- Have the ability to think critically and creatively. Capable of synthesizing and analyzing large amounts of data related to complex systems. Ability to articulate thoughts and findings in a concise and comprehensive manner.
- US Citizenship and active VA clearance
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.