Full-Stack Software Engineer
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
- Work with fellow engineers to design, review, and build a new web services from an existing legacy application.
- Collaborate with the government and other contractors to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Architect new systems and changes to existing systems to support new functionality
- Build functionality to ship new experiences and technologies
- Maintain production systems and investigate issues when they occur
- Create tools and processes to automate our development, testing, and production workflows
- Experience with full stack development of web-based systems in an agile environment
- Meaningful experience working on large-scale applications and systems
- Expertise in development and programming using Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with open source libraries React and Redux
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other IT related degree
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.