TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking to hire a Unix/Linux Administrator in Rockville, MD. The
The Unix/Linux Administrator provides IT support for the day-to-day operations for our APS team. The successful candidate will have exceptional IT customer service skills as well as a background in supporting end uses, multiple environment and technologies. The Administrator will ensure all business objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains UNIX/Linux Operating System to provide optimum performance and system availability
- Configure and maintain Solaris and RedHat operating systems (User account management, rights and permissions, OS Patch management, etc.)
- Ensures infrastructure is operating effectively and manages the deployment of application patches and release within the associated timeline
- Performs operational tasks in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Troubleshoots and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in testing, operational support and troubleshooting of complex system hardware and software problems
- Willing to work in an on-call rotation, including some after-hours and weekend work as required
- Application level support for Apache and Tomcat servers running Java-based applications
- 5-8 years of experience in UNIX/Linux administration – Solaris and RedHat desired
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Solaris and RedHat networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SSL, HTTP
- Experience supporting web-based software-as-a-service application environments
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with minimal supervision
- Strong technical documentation skills using Word, SharePoint, Excel, and Visio
- Knowledge of SAN storage concepts, Unix/Linux SAN storage mounting processes (mount points, etc.)
- Shell Scripting and Perl scripting experience
- Basic knowledge of SQL commands and syntax (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, etc.). Experience using TOAD client is desired.
- Experience supporting SaaS applications in an AWS cloud environment
- Experience supporting Pentaho Kettle ETL server
- Experience supporting GIT/GIT Hub
- Experience supporting Jenkins Configuration Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. May substitute degree for relevant job experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.