IT Project Manager
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation (TISTA), a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment, developing personal growth opportunities.
Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the- art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The PM shall perform project and program management activities for the systems, applications, and modules that are part of CDAC’s Information Technology (IT) portfolio. These management activities shall establish management, monitoring, and notification mechanisms, including:
- Ensure system documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Manage and coordinate requirements and requirements execution across all tasks
- Provide an overall Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) for COR review and acceptance.
- Plan, organize, secure, and manage human resources with appropriate knowledge and skills.
- Maintain quality control through repeatable, managed processes.
- Collect performance metrics associated with contractor activity.
- Track and manage costs.
- PM will prepare materials for and participate in meetings including but not limited to: Project reviews, management briefings, stakeholder presentations, cross-agency information exchanges, CCB, and other similar meetings.
Prior to the completion of transition-in activities the PM will certify that all employees working on this Task Order have:
- Complete understanding of the documented requirements.
- Complete understanding of the technical environment.
- Complete understanding of the current implementations and activities.
Location: Rockville, MD
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a position of Public Trust
- Ph.D. in a technical field with skills in multiple programming languages, database technologies including Oracle and MySQL, and mathematics and analytics software.
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.