Cybersecurity Project Manager
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing a project, or series of smaller projects or a definable piece of a larger program for successful completion and performance consistent with contractual agreements. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives. Responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading or assisting with proposals. Projects managed are typically of moderate technical complexity.
- Day-to-day management of support operations serving as the principal liaison between the client and supporting personnel for the specific subtask areas (e.g., ISSO, SA&A Security Advisement, Network Monitoring and Analysis, Vulnerability and Mgmt Compliance Scanning, Security Tool Operations & Maintenance, SIEM Support, etc.).
- Leading innovation and change in cybersecurity management.
- Manage day-to-day information security and cyber operations, including providing oversight to team to achieve results.
- Proficient with the NIST Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: A Security Life Cycle Approach, NIST SP 800-37 Rev 1.
- 3+ years serving in Lead role (i.e., supervisory, program manager, etc.) managing tasks, schedules, resource allocation, and communication with key stakeholders, etc.
- 3+ years Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the fields of Incident Response, Vulnerability Scanning, Security Assessment and Authorization, Network Monitoring, Intrusion, Detection/Prevention, Security Assessment and Authorization.
- 2+ years informing Risk Assessments, developing and tracking cybersecurity performance metrics, and developing Executive-level briefings.
- 2+ years of experience with system/application security, risk management, information assurance, third party (service provider) management and risk remediation.
- 1+ years of experience with FedRAMP Cloud security.
- At least one: CEH, Security+, CISSP, PMP, CEH, or equivalent cyber security certifications preferred.
- Managerial experience providing technical advice, organizing, planning, directing and managing staff to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Experience with the management and supervision of employees in a variety of labor categories and skills.
- Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service.
- Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Possesses the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
- Must demonstrate strong personal initiative.
- Have a strong desire to grow technically and professionally.
- Have an outstanding attitude and a desire to ensure customer success.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, Information Technology, Information Security, or similar fields.
- A minimum of at least one (1) certification must be active relating to information security such as:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
- GIAC security certification (e.g. GCIH, GWAPT, GPEN, GSLC, etc.)
- CompTIA Security +
TISTA seeks to fill this position with an exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary is commensurate with experience. TISTA has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities, and a great working environment.
This position will require a Public Trust Security Clearance. You must be eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance with the federal government.
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.