Cybersecurity Project Manager
TiSTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TiSTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TiSTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking to hire a Cybersecurity Project Manager to work in Washington, DC.
This position will require a Public Trust Security Clearance. You must be eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance with the federal government.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing a project, or series of smaller projects or a definable piece of a larger program for successful completion and performance consistent with contractual agreements. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives. Responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading or assisting with proposals. Projects managed are typically of moderate technical complexity.
- Day-to-day management of support operations serving as the principal liaison between the client and supporting personnel for the specific subtask areas (e.g., ISSO, SA&A Security Advisement, Network Monitoring and Analysis, Vulnerability and Mgmt Compliance Scanning, Security Tool Operations & Maintenance, SIEM Support, etc.).
- Leading innovation and change in cybersecurity management.
- Manage day-to-day information security and cyber operations, including providing oversight to team to achieve results.
- Proficient with the NIST Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: A Security Life Cycle Approach, NIST SP 800-37 Rev 1.
- 3+ years serving in Lead role (i.e., supervisory, program manager, etc.) managing tasks, schedules, resource allocation, and communication with key stakeholders, etc.
- 3+ years Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the fields of Incident Response, Vulnerability Scanning, Security Assessment and Authorization, Network Monitoring, Intrusion, Detection/Prevention, Security Assessment and Authorization.
- 2+ years informing Risk Assessments, developing and tracking cybersecurity performance metrics, and developing Executive-level briefings.
- 2+ years of experience with system/application security, risk management, information assurance, third party (service provider) management and risk remediation.
- 1+ years of experience with FedRAMP Cloud security.
- At least one: CEH, Security+, CISSP, PMP, CEH, or equivalent cyber security certifications preferred.
- Managerial experience providing technical advice, organizing, planning, directing and managing staff to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Experience with the management and supervision of employees in a variety of labor categories and skills.
- Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service.
- Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Possesses the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
- Must demonstrate strong personal initiative.
- Have a strong desire to grow technically and professionally.
- Have an outstanding attitude and a desire to ensure customer success.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, Information Technology, Information Security, or similar fields.
- A minimum of at least one (1) certification must be active relating to information security such as:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
- GIAC security certification (e.g. GCIH, GWAPT, GPEN, GSLC, etc.)
- CompTIA Security +
TISTA seeks to fill this position with an exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary is commensurate with experience. TISTA has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities, and a great working environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are proud of our diverse team, are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Protected class. We are proud of our diverse team, are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.