TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology’s FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
We are in need of senior proposal managers that love the proposal process and want to own opportunities from the edge of capture through award. We are fast-paced, agile, competing on contract vehicles where there is huge disruption and equally huge opportunity. Our team is hardcore IT, big data, O&M, and cyber professionals, that have formed a company because they know how to get the work done and they do not want layers of bureaucracy. They have the skills to make solutions that win – we need you to write, to lead, to facilitate, and help our awesome but humble technical experts become rock stars.
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for the full life cycle of proposal development—from pre-solicitation solutioning through content development, consolidation, quality assurance, compliance, production, and on-time submission. The Proposal Manager will work with capture leads, pricing experts, operations and contracts to review and support team and price to win decisions.
We are a truly innovative proposal shop with a dynamic approach to measuring performance. The result is a proposal group that works as a team and is incentivized to win.
We need writers, we also need desktop publishing and communication experts that can make our technical pitches sing. The Proposal Manager is responsible for creating and delivering compelling proposals that comply with all solicitation requirements, clearly convey the benefits of our solution beyond any stated requirements, and bring home the contract.:
- Lead the personnel assigned to support a proposal effort, including subject matter experts, writers, and production personnel. Balance workloads, expectations, and deadlines. Own the project, make sure everyone else understands their assignments.
- Partner with our capture and operations leads to get the material you need to win.
- Quickly and correctly interpret solicitation requirements and communicate them to the technical team.
- Creating and controlling the proposal schedule
- Assist and lead development of win strategies, themes, discriminators, and value propositions, and ensuring integration throughout all sections of proposals.
- Facilitate solutioning sessions, writing sessions, and editing sessions with assigned subject matter experts, writers, editors, and graphic designers to generate accurate content in response to a solicitation.
- Ensure proposals at each phase of development are at the appropriate level of quality (outline, blue, pink, red, gold drafts. Make our proposals into a document that wins
- Independently author sections of proposals as required, including cover letters, executive summaries, introductions, management plans, past performance descriptions, staffing plans, and other sections with which you have knowledge or experience.
- Instruct reviewers, facilitating reviews, and leading writer debriefs, resulting in effective feedback and improved proposal content.
- Absolute minimum 3 years of direct experience and responsibility successfully driving high-quality proposals in response to Federal solicitations for IT services and solutions. Prefer 5-10 years.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal procurement processes, standard solicitation instructions, and proposal development methods.
- Superior oral and written communications skill
- Knowledge of standard IT terminology sufficient for comprehending and editing technical content without changing or obfuscating the meaning.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Word, and highly competent with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint and other proposal technology a significant plus.
- Stay calm. Increase win rate.
Desired Qualifications (not required):
- Desired Experience 5-10 years full time proposal management and business development
- Professional training or certification in proposal management (APMP, Shipley, etc.).
- Experience developing IT services/solutions proposals in response to solicitations with widely varying scopes of work and released on several different Federal contract vehicles.
- Experience leading or coordinating teams, conducting research, or performing analysis, writing, editing, formatting, or production in support of projects, technical documentation, or IT services/solutions proposals.
- Experience in marketing, communications, or presentations in support of technical projects or IT services/solutions proposals.
- Expertise with Microsoft SharePoint, Project, or Visio.
- Proficiency or expertise conceptualizing graphics, conveying complex concepts in visual form, or creating graphics using Adobe Illustrator or similar software.
- Experience with Veterans Administration and/or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Location: Rockville, MD
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Relevant technical courses of study, certifications, professional writing courses, and other training related to any aspect of proposal development or proposal management will be considered in addition to or in lieu of an academic degree.
Equal Opportunity Statement TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.